Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Grab her thigh!... higher!"

It just gets better and better every day!

I was finally able to squeeze in a substancial nap after class, so that I am no longer feel like I am suffering from jet lag. I was thus able to take the walking tour around Regents Park and climb Primrose Hill for yet another astonishing view of London. We passed by a fun little pub called The Honest Sausage, in which I am determined to dine before leaving London. I also got to see a cricket game in action... ohhh England.

JP and Whit and I are in the process of filming/taking pictures for a DVD and albums that we would like to create. One of which shall be dubbed: "Me and a landmark," another of which has a theme with a special person leaping across the video. The highlight picture of the day took place in what we lovingly refer to as the secret garden (which is absolutely beatiful and makes me want to frolic among the rose bushes!), in which there is a fountain with a statue in the middle. Whit and I decided to pose in the likeness of the statue... but the real bueaty of it was that we had the entire group participating in the posing process - "Meld your legs together like the mermaid!", "Grab her thigh!...Higher!" The picture is a real beaut - I'll try to post it ASAP.

After a delicious panini in the school refectory, we went out to see Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was seriously one of the coolest things we've done. The play was in an open-air theatre (I feel obliged to use the British spelling) starting at dusk and ending at night. The weather was good and the real-time lighting and time of day was almost a perfect correspondence to the time of day in the play.

I'm sure the following days will bring just as much fun and adventure! Tomorrow we're going to see Othello (which I also have to finish reading!) - that's three straight days of plays!

3 comments:

Janet Partlow said...

WOO!! *leaps through your blog post*

-JP

Teddy Wu said...

I can just imagine you guys posing as statues. You somehow always talk others into doing dorky things with you.

Janie Kotwas said...

What great fun Heather! I look forward to reading your new entry each morning - like starting a new chapter in a good book.

Looking forward to the fun pics.

Love, Mom